Jessica’s Apron One is DONE!

I can’t believe it! I finished Jessica’s first apron today!  It took me about three hours this morning, but so worth the effort.  If I’d put my mind to it, I could have finished this in two days, tops.  This is an easy pattern anyone could put together in no time at all.  And the apron is nicely constructed.  There’s a lining for the bodice and waistband.  The waistband ties are long and wide. I strayed from the pattern instructions just a bit and lined the pockets.

IF

The first thing I did was stitch the pockets to the front and then sewed the waistband and ties.

IF

Then, I attached the bodice to the waistband, and voila!  It was finished.  Well, I still have to whipstitch the waistband lining, but that won’t take long.

I really like the fabric not only because of the color combinations but because of the quality.  We chose quilting fabric from JoAnn’s.  I washed and ironed the fabric before I started cutting out pattern pieces – a lesson I learned when I took quilting classes.  I was afraid the fabric would become limp and lose its body, but the weight and feel pretty much stayed the same, especially after it was ironed.

I’m off to Pennsylvania Thursday, so I’ll take a project rest for a couple of weeks.  I’m sure my sister and I will come up with several ideas.  After all, we’ll be in Pennsylvania Dutch country, quilting capital of the world!

Can’t wait to share more ideas with you – Linda

 

at mimi's table signature line fall

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *